Gentleman, you’ve bought that new cologne from the department store and you’re super excited to spray it on and conquer the day and night. But, you’ve only done half the battle to smelling good. You also need to know how to properly apply cologne/fragrance so that the scent can achieve its maximum effectiveness.
So, here’s our top 5 fragrance wearing tips for men along with our must-watch video below:
- Pulse Points: It’s all about spraying on the pulse points, fellas. The pulse points are areas on the body where the veins flow close to the skin. These spots emit more heat than in other spots, which helps the cologne fragrance develop its aroma faster. The main pulse points are your wrists, neck, elbows, and back of knees. But, for the most part sticking with the wrists and neck will do the trick.
- Less Is More: Less is more gentleman. You don’t need too much. Two or possibly three spritzes depending on the fragrance power and that should be it. You don’t want to be the guy everyone can smell from a mile away. The spicy senoritas don’t want you to smell like an entire cologne bottle, they want to smell YOU with a touch of awesome fragrance to boot. Remember, even if you can’t smell it on you, it’s probably there softly and subtlety.
- Mist Technique & Rubbing: The mist technique doesn’t work. This technique is when you spritz the fragrance in the air, and then walk into it thinking that’s going to be the best way to smell good all over. Nope. Doesn’t work. Also, rubbing your wrists together, is a no-go as you are just destroying the delicate balance of the cologne. Fragrances have different notes that work in unison and if you rub your wrists together your changing the chemistry and destroying the fragrance’s essence.
- Clothes: Do not spray the cologne on your clothes as the potion can easily ruin them. Cologne is full of oil and alcohol. It’s not made or created for going on clothing. It’s supposed to combine with your aroma/skin to work its magic.
- Post-Shower: The best time to spray the cologne is of course after the shower when the steam/heat opens up your pores, and that’s music to a fragrance bottles ears as the formula is allowed to sink in to the skin and helps make it last longer.