Let's be honest, men don't think what they use to clean their body should be nearly as important as what they use for their hair and face. But, we're here to tell you that is a big mistake! Keeping that body fresh and healthy is just as important, and it all starts with a high-quality body wash.
Now for you soap bar fanatics, don't panic just yet - there are a lot of nice body bars too, but body washes are better for a variety of reasons. Bar soap generally dries out the skin a tad more, and after sitting out for a while, can get downright nasty.
Not sure how to use a body wash or which one to grab? No worries. Stick to the three key tips below, and you'll never go wrong.
1. THE LOOFAH
Let’s stop this misnomer that loofahs are only for girls. Much like the emulsification process of a hair product, using a loofah helps to activate the body wash, providing the foam and suds that actually exfoliate and cleanse your skin. They also help to remove dirt, grime, and dead skin cells much better than just using your hands. Not to mention you’ll save money as you need to use far less body wash. Grab a loofah, and get the job done.
2. HEALTHY INGREDIENTS
The key factor to any great body wash is to find one that keeps your skin clean, happy, and moisturized. As with most things, it’s all about the ingredients. A lot of focus goes into putting healthy ingredients IN your body, put that same focus into what goes ON your body too. Here’s a few ingredients to be on the lookout for when searching for a high-quality men's body wash.
- Activated Charcoal – activated charcoal is a staple of a high-quality skin care product. It not only effectively cleanses the skin, unclogs pores, and removes dead skin cells; but toxins, heavy metals, chemicals and other poisons are attracted to the charcoal molecules, and are then washed away.
- Willow Bark Extract - Willow bark extract provides gentle exfoliation for more radiant skin. It can also help reduce acne, excess oil, signs of aging, and the appearance of wrinkles. It clears pores and reduces pore size giving your skin a smooth, clean appearance. It helps shed dead skin cells and can stimulate new cell formation. It can even alleviate conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea.
- Green Tea Extract - Green tea extract calms irritation and evens out discoloration. It diminishes the appearance of cellulite and repairs skin damage. It can decrease the occurrence of blackheads, eliminates dead skin, dirt, bacteria and acne. It is even natural protection from harmful UV rays.
- Pomegranate Extract – Pomegranate extract promotes collagen production, the main structural protein found in the skin and connective tissues. It is vital for keeping your skin looking bouncy and youthful.
- Rosemary extract – Rosemary extract helps to reduce swelling and puffiness. It also has medicinal properties which make it a powerful treatment for chronic skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Honorable mentions - Sage leaf extract, cucumber fruit, horsetail extract, Grapefruit seed, ginseng, lemon extract, ginkgo leaf, and algae extract are all amazing ingredients with a variety of health benefits.
3. IT MAKES SCENTS
Possibly the best thing about body washes are they smell awesome... well some of them do. With so many more choices than bar soap, your signature body wash works much like a cologne, giving you a signature scent that allows you to stand out from the pack...without being overbearing.
Here's a breakdown of our own body washes which smell awesome and are loaded with most of the amazing ingredients above... not to mention paraben and alcohol free too!
- Gold - Gold Body Wash is a masculine scent with a hint of leather. Leather has been proven to be an essential scent for attracting women. Single guys take note.
- Silver - Silver Body Wash not only has a ridiculously cool metallic color, but has an insanely fresh cool water scent. If you want to smell fresh as a morning dew, this is the one for you.
- Bronze – Bronze Body Wash is a masculine sweet black pepper scent with a dash of cinnamon feel. Get ready for compliments.
- Invigorating Mint - Invigorating Mint Body Wash is a burst of mint madness. It will invigorate your senses and mint is also helpful in clearing congestion of the nose, throat, and lungs.
- Desperado - Desperado Body Wash is our bad boy manliest scent yet. A perfect blend of rum barrel and tobacco notes. It gets no manlier than this.
Remember to keep in mind the three key tips of a great body wash. Cleaning power, healthy ingredients, and a great scent. So, snag yourself a body wash and loofah, and get ready to experience showering the way it was meant to be.
You Might Also Want To Check Out: