1. Why start a skincare routine?
2. Tips for a simple or advanced skin routine.
3. Skincare advice for your body.
Let’s face it guys, starting a skin care routine can seem overwhelming. Things can quickly get complicated and expensive. Don't stress. We've got you covered. Here are the skin care routines and techniques you need to master to keep your skin fresh, clean, and looking amazing.
Why Should You Start a Skincare Routine?
We all know father time is undefeated. But, he can be slowed down! Developing a solid skin care routine is key to keeping your face and body looking young while reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and odors. Starting a skin care routine is also integral to preventing health problems later in life. Your skin after all is your biggest organ.
Simple Skincare Routine: Wash, Scrub & Moisturize
If you already have healthy, problem-free skin, congrats! You can get by with just a few basic steps to stay looking amazing. Just make sure to keep up on your routine because that amazing skin won't last without a little maintenance. Here's what you need to do.
- Wash Your Face: Every good skin care routine starts with washing your face. Start with warm water to open up your pores. Then wash your face with a high-quality face scrub. Rinse with cold water to close your pores. Repeat morning and night.
- Exfoliate: Twice a week (on non-consecutive days) use a quality exfoliator to remove dead skin and clean the pores on your face. After washing your face, apply an exfoliator and use your finger tips or a face cleanser & scrub massaging brush to take your exfoliation game to the next level.
- Use A Moisturizer: After washing your face, apply a moisturizer. In the morning, use a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15 to hydrate your skin and protect it from the sun. In the evening, use a moisturizer that will help repair your skin while you sleep.
- Use A Lip Balm: Don't forget the lips. Apply a little bit lip balm with an SPF in the morning to keep your lips moisturized. Chapped lips are No Bueno and definitely not kissably-soft.
Pro Tip: Wear Sunscreen Even When It’s Cloudy
Advanced Skincare Routine: Toner, Eye Cream & Serum
Now if you’re looking to take your skin care to the next level, add these products to your routine after the basic washing and exfoliating to give your skin a little extra boost.
- Toner: For those of us that have naturally oily skin or struggle with acne, adding a toner into your routine will help tremendously. Toner works to balance the PH of your skin after cleansing and give it some extra moisture. Apply after washing and pat drying your face.
- Eye Cream: Using an eye cream will prevent dark circles, fine lines and reduce puffiness under the eyes. This is a product that will serve you in the long run, keeping your eyes from having fine lines and crows feet.
- Serum: Adding in a serum to your routine will give your face some extra nutrients to reduce fine lines and even reverse sun damage. Apply serum after washing your face but before moisturizing.
- Anti-Aging Moisturizer: Think of anti-aging moisturizers as the final step to hydrating and repairing your skin while locking in the benefits of the previously applied toner and serum.
Pro Tip: Be sure to add in products slowly over a period of time to see how they work with your skin type. Stacking too many products at the same time can irritate your skin and you won’t know which product is giving you trouble.
Skincare Routine For Shaving:
When it comes to shaving, the skin on our faces and necks are sensitive to the blade. Razor burn, ingrown hairs and irritation are all common problems we experience when grooming and keeping our hygiene in check. But no más gents, follow these steps below to prevent issues when it comes to shaving.
- Use A Pre-Shave Oil: Apply a pre-shave oil before shaving for an amazing glide with no irritation. A pre-shave oil will provide a slick surface for your razor. This is a key step in getting that ultra-smooth shave and saying goodbye to ingrown hairs and irritation.
- Use An Aftershave Balm: Post-shave, be sure to apply an aftershave balm to help cool the burn. This will work to reduce irritation, possible acne breakouts, and ingrown hairs.
Skincare Routine For Your Body
The skin on our body is different from the skin on our face and deserves its own routine as well. Here's our tips on how to keep the skin on the rest of your body healthy and smelling fresh.
- Manscaping: Don’t skip on the manscaping! After trimming or shaving downstairs, be sure to exfoliate your skin to prevent irritation and ingrown hairs. After exfoliating, apply a Powder to your boys. It's an easy way to eliminate any irritation that can occur down below.
- Use A Quality Body Wash: Using a high-quality body wash is a must when it comes to skin care. It will not only make your skin feel refreshed and keep you smelling amazing, but will also easily exfoliate your skin, especially when paired with a quality loofah or scrub brush.
- Don't Forget Your Back: If you’re someone who struggles with Bacne, be sure to use a long handle scrub brush to help exfoliate and clean your skin in those hard to reach areas. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean you don't have to clean it!
- Don’t Use HOT Water: Everybody loves a hot shower, but don’t overdo it. Keep it lukewarm and not scolding hot. Keep the time you’re in the shower to under 10 minutes. Taking long, hot showers will dry out and irritate the skin on your body. A good rule of thumb is if you see steam, ease it back a bit.
- Use A Foot File & Lotion: Our feet can be an easy thing to overlook but this doesn't mean we shouldn't take care of them. After the shower, use a foot file to remove dead skin and calluses. Applying Powder in the morning and a lotion at night is also a great way to keep your feet fresh and crack free.
Starting a skin care routine early is going to benefit you in the long run. Leading a healthy life and taking care of your skin is the best thing you can do to ensure that you age with grace and prevent health issues later in life!
Make Sure To Check Out: