You’ve got a hot date this weekend…well played sir. While you’re getting ready, do yourself a favor, and double check your nose. Are you rocking a wicked nose mane? If so, it’s time to take those bad boys down a notch. Trust us, if you leave them, your spicy senorita won’t be able to take her eyes off you; and not in the good way.
Key Points For Nose Hair Removal
- Nose hair trimmers and soft, curved scissors are the best ways to remove unwanted nose hairs.
- Waxing and tweezing carry risks, not the best option when it comes to nose hair removal.
- Your nose hairs are an important defense mechanism for your body against the outside environment, so don’t get rid of it all!
Why Remove Nose Hair Anyway?
Let’s be honest here, nobody finds a stray hair protruding from the inside of your nose to be attractive. A study by the University College of San Diego found that the nose is the first thing people zoom in on when trying to identify a new face. So, nostrils with dark, long hair sticking out might actually get you noticed quicker, but probably not in the way you wanted! Also, because our nose hairs become thicker, and more noticeable as we get older, it’s not a bad idea to make this part of your routine early. Practice makes perfect!
Remember: Our nose hairs have the important biological role of filtering out foreign particles and helping trap warmth and moisture inside our bodies. So don’t eliminate them all. Just focus on the ones you can see! Also, you needn’t worry that removing nose hair will affect your ability to smell things. It is a myth that your nose hairs contribute to your sense of smell.
Tips For Nose Hair Removal
First, here are some basic tips that will apply regardless of which method you choose.
- BE GENTLE and take your time. Your nose is sensitive, so please, be kind to it. To demonstrate just how sensitive your nose is… check out this study on bee stings that shows just how painful an injury inside your nose can be!
- Blow your nose! It will help to clean out the excess mucus from your nose and will make the viewing and trimming process easier. Not to mention, will save you a ton of time on cleanup. Yuck!
- Use the “Piggy Nose Technique.” Meaning, use your finger to push the center of the nose tip up and that will help you to open your nostrils. Sure, you may feel a little goofy, but it will actually help you get to those hard-to-reach spots!
Nose Hair Removal Methods
Now that we’ve gone over the basics, it’s time to choose your weapon! Here’s the best options out there for getting rid of unwanted nose hairs.
- Electric Trimmer: The trimmer’s spinning blades do all the work for you! It makes nose hair grooming easy, comfortable, and safe. All you have to do is move the tip of the tool around the edge of your nostril and ta-da! Unsightly nose hairs are no more. Not to mention, it is completely safe because the electrical trimmer prevents any contact with the sensitive skin inside your nose.
- Manual Trimmer: The manual trimmer cuts hairs with a twist or squeeze of your hand. This method is only slightly more work than the electrical trimmer, but it is still easy and does not require much experience. The difference between the manual and the electric trimmers is that the manual trimmer does not use any battery or electric components. Most of them are twist-and-turn, which do a nice job. Manual trimmers will cause minimal to no pain unless you are being overly aggressive. But don’t forget to clean the trimmer regularly!
- Grooming Scissors: We cannot stress this enough. Not all scissors are created equally gentlemen. Put the junk drawer scissors down, and grab a quality pair of grooming scissors. Round-tipped scissors are the best when it comes to nose hair removal specifically because they prevent you from poking yourself. Plus, they are inexpensive and easy to use. Again, clean them frequently, preferably before every use to avoid giving germs and bacteria a free ride into your system.
Nose Hair Nopes
Now that you know some of the best methods to remove your nose hair, please stop doing any of these. It’s for your own good, we promise.
- Tweezing: Don’t put yourself through that torture, when you have so many better options! This method is painful and can lead to ingrown hairs, meaning the hair follicle regrows improperly and bends back down before exiting the skin and growing into your nose. Now a great pair of tweezers can definitely come in handy when plucking your eyebrows or in-grown hairs, but not so much when it comes to nose hair removal.
- Waxing: Just like tweezing, waxing damages the skin and will inflame the hair follicles in your nose. Waxing does, in fact, do the job of removing all the hair, which should not be the goal. By removing all of the nose hair, you lose one of your body’s primary defense mechanisms. Oh, and did we mention its painful. Check out this video to see what we mean. BE WARNED: THIS MAY MAKE YOU QUEASY
- Depilatory Creams: While you could potentially use this to remove your back or chest hair, you should refrain from putting it in your nose. The skin in your nose is much too sensitive to use these creams, and you also don’t want to be inhaling the harsh chemicals found within these creams.
- Laser Hair Removal: We can’t say it enough, you want to keep some of your nose hair! Removing all of it is No Bueno for your body’s defense against those potentially dangerous foreign particles. Not to mention, this route is going to cost a pretty penny. It’s a hard pass for us.
SECRET PASSWORD: DON'T EAT YOUR BOOGERS
The Bottom Line
Now we know you may be getting frustrated with the constant regrowth of your nose hair, but if you make your nose hair care a part of your regular self-care routine, it will soon just become a habit! If you’re looking to for an easy and safe way to remove those nose hairs, our electrical trimmer is best in class. It’s a versatile nose and ear hair trimmer that removes unwanted hair safely and pain-free, without pinching or pulling!
The 3-in-1 Multi-function Trimmer has three accessory heads making it super versatile and are super easy to change-up with a simple twist on/off. It is also USB rechargeable. The three blades are:
- Nose/Ear Hair Cutter - to trim nose hair safely without any pinching and ear hair.
- Eyebrow/Mustache Hair Shaper/Cutter - easy way to trim eyebrows and great for just under the nose for hard-to-reach mustache spots. The eyebrow trimmer does not come with a guard.
- Facial/Beard Hair Carve Shaper- small razor for precise design trimming in hair or beard. Great for shaping sideburns too.
The nose hair trimmer features a big handle making it super easy and comfortable to grip. But it is not too big, making it great to take with you on the road, especially with it being USB rechargeable. The trimmer is also water-resistant for easy clean-up, and it can be used wet or dry! Way safer than your old rusty, sharp, bathroom scissors, the stainless steel cutting blades. With 360-degree high-speed rotation, glide through hair like butter without any pinching or pulling.
Fast charging, maintenance-free, pain-free, versatile, uber-effective, and safe... this is an awesome nose hair trimmer that you need to grab!
Make Sure To Check Out: