1. What Is Texture Powder.
2. Benefits Of Texture Powder.
3. Simple Application Routine.
Gentlemen, it's time you took your hair game to the next level. Ever wonder how all those models, actors, and musicians have that luscious and voluptuous, dare we say perfect hair? The secret is Texture Powder. Long been a secret of professional stylists and barbers alike, Texture Powder is commonly used to give dudes weightless volume and incredible hold, while still maintaining a touchable, natural look and feel.
What is Texture Powder?
Texture powder is an incredibly versatile styling tool that effortlessly blends with your hair, no matter what hair type you may have. A high-quality texture powder will naturally absorb all the sweat and oils that can make your hair look greasy or oily, making sure your hair stays looking healthy and clean all day long. It’s also going to give you some insane volume and texture, as well as the ability to achieve nearly ANY style you’re going for with its incredible hold. Now you might be thinking, is this going to clump up in my hair? Is it going to make my look flaky or like I have dandruff? Not the case at all gents, a high-quality texture powder will effortlessly blend in with your hair, giving you incredible style with no mess.
Benefits of Texture Powder
Texture powder has an array of benefits that will aid you in styling your luscious locks. Looking to turn up the volume on your style? One of the amazing benefits of texture powder is that it will easily give your hair some life and the extra kick of volume it needs to look thick and full. Another benefit of using texture powder is well, the texture of course. Now we hear the term texture being thrown around a lot, but really this just means how much fullness and layers your hair has. Texture powder gives your hair incredible fullness and the appearance of thickness, resulting in top tier texture. The greatest thing about texture powder though? Versatility. One of the downsides to using a putty, clay or cream is that your hair is basically locked into the same style all day. But when using a texture powder, you can simply restyle at any point in the day and keep the same volume, hold and texture all without having to apply more product.
Simple 3 Step Routine to Apply Texture Powder
Applying texture powder is a simple process, literally as easy as 1-2-3.
- The first step is to make sure your hair is dry. This is pretty straightforward but powder and wet hair don't generally mix.
- Apply a small amount of texture powder to the roots of your hair.
- Then work through your hair with your fingertips to get your desired style and see the magic of texture powder unfold.
For some extra waves and style, scrunch the ends of your hair to utilize the texture powder to its full potential. Easy as can be!
Breaking It All Down: Texture Powder vs. Salt & Other Styling Aids:
- Prestyler vs Styling Aid: Texture Powder is a stand alone product, meaning it shouldn't be paired with another styling aid or prestyler. By introducing the moisture from another product it's going to lessen the effectiveness of the powder. Salt is much better to be combined with say a Putty or Clay.
- Hold: Texture Powder has a stronger hold than Salt. Salt is like a 2, Texture Powder like a 6.
- Shine & Style: Salt is going to give a bit of shine and a bit of a wetter look. Texture Powder is a totally matte, dry finish. If you want shine go Salt, if you want dry, matte, natural go Texture Powder.
- Restylable: Salt once you mess with your hair you kind of lose the hold. Texture Powder maintains its hold.
- Thinning Hair: Texture powder is a much lighter weight product since it's not fluid based, making it a better choice for guys with thin or fine hair because it won't make hair clump together and appear thinner.
- Texture Level: While both Salt & styling powder provide texture, Texture Powder is going to provide the max. If one wants medium texture go Salt, for max texture go Texture Powder.
- Blowdrying: Salt works better if you blow dry your hair after adding your styling aid. Salt will just dry. Texture Powder will blow out.
Let’s just be frank, if you're not using texture powder you are seriously missing out on an incredible product in your styling arsenal. Texture powder is the clear choice when it comes to simple, versatile and effective hair products, and one you definitely need to add to your routine. Now apply your texture powder and go turn some heads gents!
Make Sure To Check Out: